Jill Kelly gives pragmatic advice to businesses and individuals in all areas of employment law, including giving representation in employment tribunals.
- Director of Employment Law Plus
- Specialises exclusively in employment law issues
- Over 20 years' experience in employment law
- 100s of days experience at the coalface in the Employment Tribunal
- Graduated from Oxford University and studied law at Nottingham Law School.
- Trained and qualified in London and then moved to Thomson Snell & Passmore in Kent, where she became a partner in 2000
- Moved to Clarkslegal in Reading in 2002, where she was a partner in a 23 strong employment law team
- 2005 appointed as Employment Judge in Birmingham Employment Tribunal
- 2006 set up Employment Law Plus
- Recognised as a leader in the field of employment law in Chambers and the Legal 500 legal Directories
- Articles published in Personnel Today, People Management, and Pay Magazine
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
The 2020 Chambers Legal Directory recommended Jill Kelly saying:
- Jill Kelly deals with a broad range of matters, including union relations, TUPE issues and sexual harassment and unfair dismissal allegations. Sources praise her as "prompt," "pragmatic" and "excellent at working with people."
What else has Chambers Legal Directory said about Jill?
- Sources describe Jill Kelly of Employment Law Plus as "very knowledgeable, communicative and supportive." She has a comprehensive practice which spans disputes of all kinds as well as reorganisations, pay, terms and conditions, and day-to-day issues.
- Jill Kelly of Employment Law Plus is a vastly experienced practitioner who is "deserving of her status." She advises both business and individuals and also sits as a part-time employment judge.
- Jill Kelly received special praise for her “straightforward” and “excellent” approach.
- Jill Kelly was singled out by interviewees for her skill at “clearly communicating all the important issues”.
- “client friendly”
- “leading figure”