Jill Kelly gives pragmatic advice to businesses and individuals in all areas of employment law, including giving representation in employment tribunals. She specialises in strategic analysis of situations, while also drilling down into detail.
- Director of Employment Law Plus
- Specialises exclusively in employment law issues
- Over 20 years' experience in employment law
- 100s of days experience at the coalface in the Employment Tribunal
- Graduated from Oxford University and studied law at Nottingham Law School.
- Trained and qualified in London and then moved to Thomson Snell & Passmore in Kent, where she became a partner in 2000
- Moved to Clarkslegal in Reading in 2002, where she was a partner in a 23 strong employment law team
- 2006 set up Employment Law Plus
- 2019 appointed to Remuneration Committee of an Oxford University College
- Recognised as a leader in the field of employment law in Chambers and the Legal 500 legal Directories for 20 years plus
- Articles published in Personnel Today, People Management, and Pay Magazine
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
The 2022 Chambers Legal Directory recommends Jill Kelly saying:
- Jill Kelly has a broad employment practice that encompasses both contentious and non-contentious matters. She regularly guides her clients through TUPE issues and advises on redundancy processes and subject access requests for personal data. She also has experience dealing with allegations of discrimination and unfair dismissal.
"She is excellent - quick to assess a situation and provide advice, and a very tough negotiator when required." "Jill Kelly is knowledgeable and has good understanding of our business, offering commercial advice which is practical for the business."
What else has Chambers Legal Directory said about Jill?
- "Jill Kelly has a broad employment practice that encompasses both contentious and non-contentious matters. She regularly guides her clients through TUPE issues and advises on redundancy processes and subject access requests for personal data. She also has experience dealing with allegations of discrimination and unfair dismissal. Jill is able to handle multiple complex issues and explain options clearly to clients. She is extremely passionate about achieving the best outcome for her clients and is able to consider pragmatic solutions."
- Jill Kelly deals with a broad range of matters, including union relations, TUPE issues and sexual harassment and unfair dismissal allegations. Sources praise her as "prompt," "pragmatic" and "excellent at working with people."
- Sources describe Jill Kelly of Employment Law Plus as "very knowledgeable, communicative and supportive." She has a comprehensive practice which spans disputes of all kinds as well as reorganisations, pay, terms and conditions, and day-to-day issues.
- Jill Kelly of Employment Law Plus is a vastly experienced practitioner who is "deserving of her status." She advises both business and individuals and also sits as a part-time employment judge.
- Jill Kelly received special praise for her “straightforward” and “excellent” approach.
- Jill Kelly was singled out by interviewees for her skill at “clearly communicating all the important issues”.
- “client friendly”
- “leading figure”